Grab some coloured rocks and stones and make a decorative frame.
You can put just about anything in it.
- Picture frame(s) with room to put things inside
- Stones of different shapes and colours
- Glass stones
- Stones with words written on them. Or anything else you would like to feature.
- Masking tape
I made these a number of years ago, so unfortunately I don’t have step by step pictures.
- Lay the frame glass side down and open up the back.
- Remove any packing foam and the paper image which came in the frame.
- Wipe clean.
- Decide which feature stones you want to use and place these where you would like then inside the frame.
- Carefully fill the gaps with the coloured stones. Just put them in randomly.
- Pour some glass beads in. You make need to lift up the edge of your coloured stones to make sure you can see the glass ones.
- Place the back of the frame over the stones and hold it in place.
- Carefully shake the frame back and forth to ensure stones settle in place and the glass ones fill in the gaps.
- Place all four fingers on either edge on the frame and carefully tilt it up (thumbs on the glass) to check your work.
- Move and stones you don’t like and fill in any remaining gaps.
- When happy with the design, replace the back.
- Stand the frame up to check the stones don’t move, then secure the back cover with masking tape.
#picture frame #decoration #stones #rocks #diy